Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Top Ten Things I Do To Be Successful

Top Ten Things I Do Every Day To Be Successful

1. I read Joe Vitale's Blog at http://www.mrfire.blogspot.com/
every day.

The first post for today was "Top Ten Things I Do To Be Successful Every Day" as always, I was interested so I read on.

Joe went on to say" Aaron Potts started a great Internet experiment called “Simply Successful Secrets”.He invited bloggers to write a post about the 5-10 things they do most days (at least 4-5 days a week) that help them be successful.

Participating bloggers then "tag" other bloggers, inviting them to contribute to the experiment, revealing their own secrets to success.

Each blog post is linked back to Aaron’s original post and to the person who tagged them." Which brings me to number

2. I am always "conscious" of ways to be more successful, so I made a conscious decision to act and join in.

3. I am always "conscious" of how I can help other people.

4. I go outside, close my eyes, take a deep breath and connect with the sounds of Nature for about fifteen minuets.

5. Check all email from many different sources. Key do not spend too much time on email there is so much more to do.

6. I carry a digital recorder everywhere I go. Ideas come no matter where you are or what your doing.

7. I work on websites and blog entries at least eighteen hours a day.

8. Spend Time with my lovely Wife and all of my animals. The all love me dearly and I appreciate them and make Time for them.

9. Meditate one half an hour twice a day.

10. Say Hi to at least one new person everyday.

So there you have it.
We are all one so join in. Please link back here and on Joe and Aarons site. Together we can make it happen.


"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' a part limited in time and space.
He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.
Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation, and a foundation for inner security",
1950 Albert Einstein

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Bill,

First off, I want to thank you again for participating in the Simply Successful Secrets project. It has grown so tremendously as the result of people like yourself who are willing to participate and spread the word, and I could not be more grateful to you, as well as to the other participants.

Second, I love your references to being "conscious" because so many people fail to do that very simple thing. Life is so busy that people are just reactionary. You can change your life in an instant just by opening your eyes and taking it all in. Great wisdom.

Also, I have come across several people who talked about a minimum of 15 minutes out in nature. I was already doing that myself, but I never thought of it as quiet time to "commune" yet I have really seen the value in that after reading your post, as well as similar information from others.

And finally, that is a GREAT quote from Einstein! Thanks for sharing that as well as everything else, Bill. I'll look forward to reading more from you in the future.

Bill Simmon said...

Thank You Aaron! Althought it is my pleasure.


“Look to nature and you will understand everything better”
Albert Einstein


What answers the questions 'why are we here? and 'how do we operate?'

All around there is rhythm of activity.

Everything around us, whether from nature or man-made, uses a principle of repeating action.

Without repeating action, the physical world would collapse.

Rhythms are essential.
Spend 15 min. a day listening to the repeating rhythms.

Take note of the never ending rhythms. See and hear the never ending rhythms in nature and in machines.

Without repeating rythems the physical world would collapse.

There is no way creation could exist without rhythms.

If all repeating rhythms were to stop everything would fail.

You are a part of it. If you were only to breathe in or your heart were to only expand and not contract... youre gone.

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.
Albert Einstein



Bill Simmon